Secondary school resources
The resources helps students and teachers explore the issues surrounding the use of the death penalty, one of Amnesty’s oldest and most established campaigns.
Introducing a new human rights education teachers’ manual for senior cycle geography. This manual contains lesson plans that educate about human rights issues in a development context.
A is for action (PDF)
This CSPE Action Project resource is intended to assist teachers in guiding students through the steps of deciding on and planning a human rights action project.
Voice our concern is a human rights education project enabling senior cycle students, non-formal education centres and the wider community to learn about and discuss human rights in a creative, participatory and empowering way.
- Voice our concern Introduction
- Voice our concern Chapter 1 Introduction
- Voice our concern Chapter 2 Drama
- Voice our concern Chapter 3 Music
- Voice our concern Chapter 4 Poetry
- Voice our concern Chapter 5 Photography
- Voice our concern Chapter 6 Film
- Voice our concern Chapter 7 Visual art
Celebrating the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) is a resource pack for Civic, Social and Political Education (CSPE) teachers and their students. The resource contains 12 classes, each class sets out to answer an important question about the UDHR.
- 1 Celebrating UDHR Class One
- 2 Celebrating UDHR Class Two
- 3 Celebrating UDHR Class Three
- 4 Celebrating UDHR Class Four
- 5 Celebrating UDHR Class Five
- 6 Celebrating UDHR Class Six
- 7 Celebrating UDHR Class Seven
- 8 Celebrating UDHR Classes Eight to Eleven
- Celebrating UDHR Reflection sheet 1
- Celebrating UDHR Reflection sheet 2
- Celebrating UDHR Reflection sheet 3