We are ordinary people from across the world standing up for human rights. Whether you are an experienced fundraiser or hosting your first event, we’re on-hand to support you every step of the way. You can help us make a difference.
Fundraise With Us
Why Fundraise For Amnesty
Amnesty International is independent of all governments, political ideology, economic interests and religions. We rely on the support of our members, activists and donors to fund our campaigning work around the world. Here are just a few things that we have done with our supporters funds.
- Lobbying the Irish Government where it is not meeting its human rights obligations. For over a decade, we have campaigned for a fair legal process that protects asylum seekers’ human rights.
- Engaging with the Irish political system to advance better human rights protection on a range of domestic human rights issues such as violence against women.
- Highlighting human rights violations in Ireland on international platforms
- Responding to crises such as the 2014 violence in Gaza and Iraq by drawing international attention to war crimes.
- Championing the release of prisoners of conscience, political dissenters and those in prison without due process
- Carrying out extensive research in areas experiencing human rights violations, such as arbitrary detention in eastern Ukraine.