Guiding principles for fundraising
Amnesty International is committed to achieving the standards outlined in the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising.
The statement is a set of overarching principles – respect, honesty and openness – for how charities operating in Ireland should behave with their supporters, clients and beneficiaries. It also provides guidelines for fundraising.
This process was led by the Irish Charities Tax Reform Group.
The statement aims to:
- Improve the way charities in Ireland raise their funds
- Promote accountability and transparency among charities
- Provide clarity and assurances to donors about the organisations they support
- Download the full statement. (PDF)
- Read our donor charter for fundraising.
- Find out more about our complaints and feedback procedure.