Amnesty International’s Fundraising Donor Charter
As a charity working hard to seek donations from the public we, Amnesty International are now compliant with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising.
It is of priority to us that we maintain the best standards when receiving donations from our generous supporters.
- Our pledge is that we promise to treat all of our donors with respect, honesty and openness.
- We commit to being accountable and transparent so that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in Amnesty International.
- We promise to use donations given to us effectively.
Our promise to donors is that we will:
- Treat all donors with respect and confidentiality
- Ensure that our communication with our donors is honest and transparent
- Respect our donors’ right to privacy and confidentiality
- Not subject our donors to any form of undue pressure
- Inform our donors of the work of Amnesty International, and how their donations will be used and keep them updated on how their donations are helping strengthen the movement and achieve our human rights goals
- Use supporter’s donation in a way that preserves the dignity of the people and their families whom Amnesty International serves
- Handle donations responsibly and ensure it is used effectively
- Provide our most recent financial statement when requested.
- Provide appropriate acknowledgement, thanks and recognition
- Inform people whether those seeking donations on our behalf are volunteers, employees or third party agents, as per our disclosure statement
- Give prompt, truthful and forthright answers to any questions people may have about Amnesty International.
All donations will be:
- Handled with the highest level of accuracy and transparency and financial records will be kept to ensure accountability and tracking
- Processed quickly so that gifts are set to work helping to prevent abuses of human rights as soon as possible
- Put to general use for all our work fighting injustice in all its forms both in Ireland and around the world. If on occasion we appeal for funds for a particular area of our work, we will ensure donations are applied to the purpose to which they were donated. Where an appeal has been fully funded, we will notify donors in advance that it may be directed to another similar area of work.
- Acknowledged promptly, unless no acknowledgement is requested or insufficient contact details are provided
- Applied to the greatest advantage of people whose human rights are threatened
- Subjected to an annual audit by a firm of independent Auditors, and will be included in Amnesty International’s annual accounts filed in the Companies’ Office
- Used solely to deliver Amnesty International’s mission and objectives.
Amnesty International’s staff will:
- Be polite, courteous, transparent, accurate and honest
- Respond where necessary to email, letters and telephone enquiries, in a prompt manner
- Achieve the highest standards of professionalism at all times
- Seek to minimise costs relating to fundraising activities
- Benchmark fundraising performance against other similar organisations to ensure we are raising funds in an efficient and effective manner
- Make it easy to ask a question, or make a complaint
- Treat feedback and complaints seriously whether made by telephone, letter, fax, email or in person and deal with them quickly and appropriately
- We will transparently report on our financial performance in full compliance with national accounting laws and protocols
- We will inform donors, members and the general public about how we are utilising the funds provided to us and the impact that his is having or has had
- In the case of recruitment of direct debits, adhere to the Code of Practice developed by Fundraising Ireland.
- Adhere to the guidelines and requirements contained in the Charities Act, 2009 (PDF)
- Comply with the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (PDF)
What to do if you have feedback:
If you do have a comment about any aspect of our work, we’d love to hear from you.
We would also be very happy to meet face-to-face if that is preferable.
We would be very grateful if you could give us as much information as possible and let us know how you would like us to respond, providing relevant contact details.
Phone: 01 8638300