We’re all different, all unique, and all equal. No one should be left behind in society because of who we are, or where we come from.
But right now, many of us share a sneaking feeling that Europe is heading completely in the wrong direction. We’re seeing leaders spreading hate and fear, politicians cracking down on peaceful activists, and powerful people pushing policies that are making us poorer and destroying our environment.
To get things back on track, your voice matters. But we need to get loud to be heard. And the European elections in May are a unique opportunity to do just that.
Together, we can turn up the volume about the things we want to change, and call on our election candidates to commit to building fair, free, equal societies where
- We can all live free from hate, violence and oppression, be treated fairly and stay in control of our own bodies and lives.
- We can all afford to look after ourselves and our families in a dignified way, leaving no one behind.
- We are free to love who we want, can protest peacefully without fear, access independent media, and get justice in free and fair courts.
- We welcome people who can’t go home because of war, poverty and persecution.
- Our governments face up to Europe being one of the world’s worst polluters, and immediately start protecting the environment and human lives worldwide.
“Our voice matters as there are those in our community who we need to speak up for. Young people need to speak up and raise their voice to stand for a fair and equal Europe” – Jess, DCU Amnesty Society
3 ways to raise your voice:
- Follow #TurnItUp on social media, and share content with your friends and followers.
- Speak up about what needs to change in the Europe you want to live in, and share your stories with us using the hashtag #TurnItUp.
- Raise your voice and call on European election candidates to commit to human rights.
Download our Activist Guide for tips and suggestions for how you can raise your voice.
5 Reasons to Raise Your Voice for a Fairer Europe