Here are 5 key reasons to vote yes:
- For too long Ireland has abandoned, punished, hurt and harmed women
- It’s time to respect women’s right to make decisions that are right for them and their families
- Until women are free to make decisions about their own bodies, health and lives, they will never be equal
- It’s time to care for women at home, to end the indignity, the secrecy, the shame
- It has taken 35 years, seven governments, a European Court of Human Rights ruling, the tragic deaths of Savita Halappanavar and grave harm to countless other women, Ireland being repeatedly hauled before the United Nations, a massive public campaign, a Citizens’ Assembly, and a special Joint Oireachtas Committee to get us to this referendum.
Change is possible. It’s time – vote yes for compassion, respect, dignity and equality.