Diversity, Inclusion and Wellbeing
At Amnesty International Ireland we recognise that prioritising diversity, inclusion and wellbeing is more than a legislative requirement, it is essential to our success in challenging injustice as a human rights organisation.
We are committed to:
- Being a truly diverse, inclusive and safe movement.
- Ensuring that our people feel valued, respected, heard and seen.
- Providing a safe and healthy environment that prioritises mental health and wellbeing.
Our Diversity and Inclusion Framework translates our vision into actionable goals. It provides a shared commitment and direction so we can work together to respect and value our diversity and build a more inclusive and sustainable movement.
The priority areas in this Framework are:
- Identifying and working to breakdown systemic barriers and identifying gaps to D&I by embedding D&I into policies and practices and by supporting managers to effectively manage diversity and be accountable for the results.
- Fostering a culture that encourages collaboration, flexibility and fairness to enable all employees to contribute to their potential and creating processes and practices that meet the diverse needs of our staff and other stakeholders.
- Fostering a culture where we challenge ourselves and others on our biases and work to overcome barriers to D&I.
We are committed to an ongoing journey of improvement. While these are the key areas of focus, other areas for action will be prioritised over time.