The great thing about virtual fundraising is that you can do your challenge at your own pace. If you’re not sure what you could do to raise money, take a look at our list of fundraising ideas below. And remember, we are so grateful to you for the support you are giving to Amnesty – even a small donation can go a long way.
Never set up a virtual event? Here are two simple ways to get you started.
Facebook is a great way to raise funds, as you are already connected to the people who will be your donors. To get started, all you need to do is go to our Facebook page and click ‘Create Fundraiser’. Facebook will walk you through the quick and simple sign up process.
Don’t have a Facebook page? Not a problem!
You can sign up directly on this page. Just fill in your details on the form below and let us know a little about what it is you plan to do. We’ll send you details on how to collect money, some fundraising tips and we will support you all the way.
Some Ideas for Fundraisers
With family & friends
• Virtual table quiz – we send you a quiz to host with your friends and family. You collect a fee from your participants then donate the funds you collect to us.
• Talent competition with adults or children.
• Conference Call Costume Challenge – your friends and family dress up and you choose a winner.
• AmnesTea – a virtual tea or coffee morning.
• Birthday fundraiser – people donate to Amnesty as a gift for your birthday.
• Children’s challenge – cooking, art or crafts.
• Draw a daily picture and sell it to your friends and family.
• 10k walk or run.
• Domino run.
• 100 Squats a day.
• Marathon on the spot – run 5k at home.
• Shave your beard or your head!
• Dye your beard or your head!
• Hula Hoop Challenge – hoop for as long as possible.
• Self-portrait challenge – your friends and family draw themselves and you vote the winner, everyone makes a small donation.
• Mountain climbing – on your stairs! Pick a mountain, how high is it? Do that on your stairs! People sponsor you.
• Danceathon – you and your friends dance for as long as you can, see who can dance longest! Get sponsorship.
Fundraising ideas from Amnesty supporters
• Bonny Baby competition but not as you know it! – post pics of your young self on social media
• Swim in the sea challenge.
• Recreate a famous painting challenge.
• Online scavenger hunt using photos as evidence of tasks.
• Cooking challenge with family & friends, donate the money it cost to create the dish.
• Fitness challenges eg. 80k run over 4 weeks or 1,500 crunches over a month
• Create a story – friends and family add a sentence to create a story with hilarious results!
• Buy Amnesty a pint – donate the price of that pint.
• Groom your dog yourself challenge.
Three ways to collect and donate money:
Don’t be shy about asking for donations. When you ask your friends and family to donate, you are offering them an opportunity to be part of a solution to end human rights abuses.
1. You can collect donations then send them to Amnesty here:
People are choosing to fundraise online for their chosen charity and we are delighted that you are interested in taking part in a virtual fundraiser for Amnesty – thank you!