With over 20,000 children taking part, Friendship Week is Ireland’s largest human rights education and fundraising event for primary schools.
Dates: 27th to 31st March 2023. If these dates don’t suit, your school can take part at any time.
The Friendship Week Activity Pack 2023
This year’s Friendship Week focusses on the rights of the child. The aim is to develop children’s understanding of friendship and solidarity.
As always, the FREE educational activity pack contains lots of classroom activities, debates, handouts and actions. And with discussion questions like “Who should make sure that children have their rights?” and “What does it feel like to stand up for yourself or others”, the activity pack supports you the teacher and your students to explore their natural sense of justice.
Specifically tailored to Irish primary schools, activities in the Friendship Week pack help children to understand the meaning of friendship and to develop new friendships. Creativity is at the heart of our pack, allowing children to explore, express and respond to the themes through conversation, art, music, drama and more. Questions explore human rights issues and create interesting class discussions. Activities are designed for a single class and for the whole school.
How it works:
1. Complete the sign up form.
2. Choose the number of friendship bracelets your school will need.
3. A couple of weeks before the event, we send you your digital activity pack including online resources. We also send your requested number of friendship bracelets for the school to sell @ €2 each.
4. You and your students enjoy a week of human rights activities.
5. The funds you raise are returned to us by cheque, postal order, money transfer or debit/credit card.
6. We send your students a thank you certificate for being so amazing!
Within the activity pack, you’ll find download links to further human rights resources.
Sign Up Form
To take part in Friendship Week 2023, simply register on this page. Remember to click the submit button after you’ve entered your details
To take part in Friendship Week 2023, simply register here. Remember to click the submit button after you’ve entered your details
Our teachers say:
“The children saw the value and really enjoyed the active learning that took place .”
Ciara Nic Mhaghnusa, Gaelscoil Thulach na nÓg, Dún Búinne, Co. na Mí
“The children got a kick out of trying to do random acts of kindness. ”
Séamus Grundy, St. Michael’s NS, Rackwallace, Co. Monaghan
“The children really embraced the concept and reported at the end of the week that it was much easier than they expected!”